For baby Jack.
>> 12.30.2008
Yesterday, my uncle died. He was my dad's best friend when growing up -- his brother-in-law. The ages in my family are all berserk. As it would turn out, my father is the only person in his age group aside from my mother. All of his siblings are much older, while all of his nieces and nephews are quite younger.
My mother snapped at me. She is quitting smoking. Which means she now smokes Marlboros. It must only be coincidence that I do, as well.
I felt let down by a friend. It's hard being told one thing and then having something else happen. I couldn't count these empty promises on all of my limbs. I still have the proper amount, too.
I got a flat tire. It could have been avoided, but as it turns out, someone else who probably also needed a Marlboro decided to take it out on my Hyundai instead. Thankfully they only did it to one tire. I can't fit more than one spare in my trunk.
I locked my keys in my car. Normally this is nothing less than an annoyance. Unfortunately, my keys were attached to my jacket. Unfortunately, the 60 degree weather only lasted throughout the weekend. Unfortunately, I wasn't wearing a bra.
But when I got home, I found a piece of paper on the kitchen counter. It said "7lbs, 3 oz. Full head of fine hair." I smiled a little bit. The will to live can be stretched and smeared in so many different scenarios. I thought, there is no way my day could have been as intense as yours.
I just wish I could have been there to know for sure.


2 comments:
awweeee soo adorable.. he has cute cheeks!!:)
wow. what a day huh? it all comes around in the end. :)
Post a Comment